This will be the first year our family has ever followed a school schedule. With Miss Charlie going into kindergarten, we lose out in the freedom to just go and do as we please. Remember, last fall we went on a Family Vacay to PEI while everyone else headed back to school. Since my Hubby works shift work and I all night shifts we have not ever followed much of a daily schedule as it is always changing day to day. School is a great way to get on schedule though and I have been thinking up lots of goals for my “new” year. Gretchen Rubin has often said on her podcast: “Happier” that September in a lot of ways is like January in that you are beginning a new year. Now that Miss Charlie is off to school, this really rang true to me this year. So hear are some goals I have for myself for our “new” year this Fall:
1. Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Ohhh, you assumed all the goals would be hard? Haha!
2. Nap Mr Simon in the morning while Miss Charlie is at school.
3. After school drop off enjoy some mornings on front deck with a latte and a Good Book before the cooler weather approaches.
4. Start reading “Happier at Home” by Gretchen Rubin and do a monthly blogpost on it. Join me! It follows the school year.
5. Eat Healthier and log food on Weight Watchers app. I have been terrible at this over the summer.
6. Change around and clean out rooms and move furniture away from heaters.
7. Decorate with fall decor.
8. Purchase alarm clock and set it for Miss Charlie each night so we are all getting up and moving in time for school. Maybe this one!?
9. Set Breakfast table before bed on school nights.
10. Pick out Miss Charlie’s uniform (with her help) and Mr Simon’s outfit before bedtime.
11. Pick out bedtime for Miss Charlie to have on school nights . We are thinking 7:30pm so we would start our nighttime routine at 7pm.
12. Buy new agenda for 2017/2018.
13. Volunteer at Miss Charlie’s school.
14. Buy a Pumpkin flavored candle to burn all month long.
15. Get up before kids for morning devotionals on non work days.
16. Sleep in once a month on Saturday and have Jordan bring me breakfast in bed (hint hint wink wink)
17. Go apple picking!!!
18. Go on as many family nature walks as possible before the snow.
19. Clean up yard and get it ready for winter
20. Get my Fall fabfitfun Box. Click HERE for a discount on your own box payments come out on Sept. 1st. Here is last one I got from last Fall:
What are your goals for the school year? Please comment below.